Manage your Retirement Fund
You have a 50/50 chance of living as long as your life expectancy. Will your assets last? The first word that comes to most people’s’ minds when thinking of retirement is ‘relaxation‘, and we firmly believe that the two should be synonymous.
Plan Plus will work with you to remove the financial stress from your retirement.
We can help you to:
- Choose appropriate investments;
- Manage any existing investments you may already have;
- Identify and maximise potential Centrelink entitlements;
- Liaise with Centrelink on your behalf;
- Formulate a comprehensive budget and figure out exactly how much money you will need throughout your retirement;
We can even help you with your estate planning.
The expert team at Plan Plus can assist you to make sure your assets and investments work their hardest for you. We will help you achieve your desired retirement lifestyle.
Noel and Mary – recently retired
Noel and Mary have recently retired and are in their mid-60’s.
They have received an inheritance and have a lump-sum to invest in addition to their accumulated retirement savings. They are not sure what the best way is to invest the money they have.
Throughout the first meeting, the following financial goals were identified:
- They need a regular income for a comfortable retirement
- Want to identify any Centrelink benefits they may be entitled to
- Good long term investment performance
- Provide an inheritance for their children and grandchildren
They have 3 adult children who are all financially independent and they have 5 grandchildren. Upon their passing, they wish for their remaining assets to be distributed to their children and grandchildren and the money be protected from their children’s spouses should their children pass away or divorce in the future.
After discussing their financial goals and concerns, they received advice on how to invest their assets and achieve their requirements (regular income and good long term investment performance).
A financial plan was provided to maximise tax-free lump-sum contributions to superannuation working with age based restrictions on how much money can be contributed.
Centrelink benefits were identified and by holding assets in the name of the younger spouse; they were able to receive the full age pension for 3 years longer than otherwise would be the case.
Advice was also provided around the establishment of appropriate estate plans to ensure a smooth transition of wealth to their children and grandchildren, while having that money protected from frivolous spending or future divorce.