You have a 50/50 chance of living as long as your life expectancy. Will your assets last?
The first word that comes to most peoples’ minds when thinking of retirement is ‘relaxation‘, and we firmly believe that the two should be synonymous.
PlanPlus will work with you to remove the financial stress from your retirement.
We can help you to:
- Choose appropriate investments;
- Manage any existing investments you may already have;
- Identify and maximise potential Centrelink entitlements;
- Liaise with Centrelink on your behalf;
- Formulate a comprehensive budget and figure out exactly how much money you will need throughout your retirement;
- We can even help you with your estate planning.
The expert team at PlanPlus can assist you to make sure your assets ans investments work their hardest for you. We will help you achieve your desired retirement lifestyle.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A
NO OBLIGATION DISCUSSION
Case Study – Grant and Samantha
Grant and Sam have retired together over the last 6 months. In addition to their accumulated Superannuation benefits, Sam has recently received an inheritance. Grant and Sam were unsure about how to handle their assets to best position themselves for a comfortable retirement, so they came to us for help.
During the first meeting, we helped them to identify the following financial goals:
- They need a regular income for a comfortable retirement
- Identify Centrelink benefits they may be entitled to
- Good long term investment performance
- Provide an inheritance for their children and grandchildren
After discussing these goals in further depth, an advice document was provided detailing our recommendations on how best to structure their investments to meet these needs.
By holding assets in the name of the younger spouse; they were able to receive the full age pension for 3 years longer than otherwise would be the case.
Our advice saved Grant and Sam thousands of dollars, helped to identify their Centrelink entitlements and structured their investments in such a way as to tax effectively pass to their children in the event of their passing.
Case Study 2 – Adam
Adam had been out for the day playing golf when he came home to find his wife Jan lying in a garden bed. Although he called an ambulance, there was nothing the paramedics could do and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Jan had been in good health at the time and her sudden death was a big shock to the family.
Luckily, as a result of our recommendations, Jan’s life was insured. Adam used the insurance benefit to pay off their dream house, allowing him to move on the way Jan would’ve wanted.